Medical Weight Loss
Medical Weight Loss
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a weight loss program that is all inclusive and gives you multiple options to lose weight? That is exactly what we had in mind when designing our program. Most people know what to eat and how they should eat, but lack the tools to succeed. Our program starts with a body composition test which tells you important information about percentage body fat, percentage lean mass, and basal metabolic rate. Basal metabolic rate is by far the most important factor when trying to lose weight. This information is needed to understand what your caloric intake should be throughout a given day. With that information on hand we can now formulate a plan to get you to your desired weight. Most people will require appetite suppressants, meal planning, and coaching along the way.
Our Program consists of:
- A complete history and physical
- Lab work when indicated.
- Bio – Impedance Analyzer (BIA) test, this will give you information on:
- Percent body fat
- Lean muscle mass
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Appetite suppressants.
- HCG, Phentermine
- Regular follow-up appointments
- Lose 4 inches in two weeks with the Zerona Fat Reduction Laser (FDA approved for treatment of body contouring and fat reduction)
HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin)
- HCG is endogenously made within the body and is a safe alternative to other pharmaceutical appetite suppressants.
- HCG works by 2 mechanisms.
- 1) It blocks hunger by working at the level of the hypothalamus and the brain. This allows you to eat less food and be able to tolerate a lower calorie diet.
- 2) The second main mechanism is that it helps increase fat absorption systemically throughout the entire body. This allows for a whole body toning effect. We don’t classically recommend a typical 500-calorie Simeon diet. We use your basal metabolic rate from the Bio-Impedance analyzer test to guide us on the number of calories a patient should be eating per day. A typical HCG cycle is approximately 45 days and typical weight loss is 15-20 pounds or more during that cycle.
- Phentermine is a commonly used appetite suppressant. It works by increasing catecholamines at the level of the hypothalamus to increase basal metabolic rate and to help maintain appetite suppression. It is highly effective at curbing appetite and studies have shown significant weight loss in patients with obesity. Weight loss can be dramatic and you can lose up to 30-40 pounds or more in 3-4 months. The benefit of phentermine is that it is in pill form and can be used for up to 5-6 months.
- In addition to appetite suppressants, we provide nutritional recommendations needed to meet dietary demands of effective weight loss. We offer a variety of high quality protein snacks and meal plans. Meals plans can be used as a stand alone option for weight loss in those patients that need guidance with exactly what to eat to lose weight, or they can be used along with appetite suppressants to reach weight loss goals.
To learn more about our medical weight loss program, visit our