We Specialize In Treating:
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid. Testosterone plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues such as testes and prostate, as well as promoting secondary sexual characteristics such as increased muscle and bone mass, and the growth of body hair. Throughout the aging process, our bodies change and we develop certain hormone deficiencies. Hormone deficiencies can occur due to a number of things, most often life changes or genetics. Hormones decline as we age. Testosterone decreases by 1-2 % every year after the age of 35. This is why 50% of men over the age of 40 have low testosterone.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy or TRT simply replaces the hormones that your body needs to function.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Include:
- Low Libido
- Lack of Energy
- Weak Erections
- Decreased Strength
- Loss of Muscle
- Accelerated Aging
- Lack of Concentration
- Poor Sleep
- Premature Wrinkling of the Skin
Benefits of Testosterone Replacement:
- Stronger Bones
- Leaner Body
- Better Sexual Health
- More Energy
- Better Mood
- Healthier Skin
- Prevention of Metabolic Syndrome (Diabetes, Abdominal Obesity, Coronary Artery Disease)
How do we diagnose Low Testosterone?
Low Testosterone diagnosis must be made with a blood test. There are other tests available like urine and saliva, but these tests are not accurate and should not be used to establish a diagnosis of low testosterone. Other labs that should be checked prior to beginning TRT include: PSA, liver function, hematocrit, Vitamin D, B12, and thyroid function. All of our patients receive this blood work initially and ongoing to monitor effects of testosterone on the body.
Treatment options for Low Testosterone:
- Intramuscular Injections –
- Injections are usually given weekly to maintain testosterone levels. They are relatively painless and can be given at home. Testosterone injections are the most common form of testosterone replacement.
- Pellets are inserted every 3-4 months through a very quick and easy office procedure with no downtime. After insertion, capillaries begin to form around the pellets. As blood flows over the pellets, our bodies slowly absorb the hormone. Pellets are “cardiac driven”, meaning that as your heart rate increases, more hormone will be released as the body needs it. This is unlike other therapies, which are time released, and therefore prevents the “roller coaster” effect of those delivery methods.
- Transdermal Cream –
- Topical Cream with variable absorption is usually not the preferred method of most male patients. This poses the risk of transmitting cream to children or spouses.
To Maximize the effects of Testosterone, you may want to also consider
Erectile Dysfunction, also known as ED, is a condition that alters a man’s ability to achieve and sustain an erection. This occurs in most men at some point throughout their lifetime. ED can also be associated with other medical conditions like: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, neuropathy, prostate issues, or depression.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Trouble achieving an erection
- Difficulty maintaining and erection
- Lack of sexual desire
Treatment options for Erectile Dysfunction:
- Discounted pricing on Erectile Dysfunction medications like Cialis or Viagra. Our prices are a fraction of what you would pay at a standard pharmacy.
- Bi-Mix or Tri-Mix Injections
- Bremelanotide (PT-141)
- P- Shot: We offer a revolutionary new treatment option for erectile dysfunction. This procedure uses your own stem cells to regeneration healthy erectile tissue. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about low testosterone…
[maxbutton id=”9″ ]
We BELIEVE that the current healthcare system is broken. We provide a process to achieve better health, with the PURPOSE of helping patients live longer, be healthier, and optimize their performance.