What Are Peptides?
Amino Acids are the building blocks of life. The order in which chains of Amino Acids are connected is directed by our DNA and RNA. Long chains of 50 or more Amino Acids strung together form proteins that direct every physiological function in our bodies. Short chains of less than 50 Amino Acids strung together are called Peptides.
All peptides share some common characteristics:
- They lack stability and must be kept refrigerated.
- They can be digested or broken apart and thus must be injected subcutaneously to avoid being broken down.
- Some are naturally produced and others are synthetic.
- Peptides exert diverse biological roles, most prominently as signaling/regulatory molecules in a broad variety of psychological processes: including defense, immunity, stress, growth, homeostasis, and reproduction.
- Peptides are now a growing body of new drugs produced by and marketed by the pharmaceutical industry, some of which you may see ads on TV. These include new Peptides used to regulate diabetes, some functioning as new antibiotics, and others used for weight loss.
In Regenerative Medicine, we use both naturally occurring and synthetically produced peptides to regulate the way your body naturally produces hormones, maintains and promotes immune function, muscle mass, fat loss, better sleep patterns and many more functionalities.
Research has shown that Peptide Therapy can produce the following results:
- Skin—Increased elasticity, texture, and tightness, particularly in the face.
- Energy—Increased energy and emotional stability.
- Bone—Improved bone strength and mass.
- Libido—Increased sex drive.
- Muscle—Increased muscle strength and mass.
- Fat—Decreased body fat, particularly in the abdomen.
- Healing—Shorter recovery time from injuries and exercise.
- Memory—Enhanced brain function and growth of neuron dendrites.
- Heart—Improved cardiovascular strength and lowered blood pressure.
- Kidney—Improved kidney function.
- Immune System—Improved immunity and healing.
- Hair—Improved hair texture.
- Cholesterol—Elevated HDL (good cholesterol) and lowered LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Mental Health—Increased emotional stability and sense of wellbeing.
- Metabolism—Increased metabolism and greater ability to control weight.
- Stress—Increased protection from the ravages of stress and cortisol.
Types of Peptides we use:
Sermorelin: Peptide to Increase Human Growth Hormone
At Performance Medical Clinic, we don’t actually supplement with Human Growth Hormone by itself. We utilize the power of Secretagogues to increase Growth Hormone and Insulin-Like Growth Factor (ILGF-1). Secretagogues are proteins and agents that help stimulate an increase of the body’s own endogenous Human Growth Hormone.
Sermorelin is a Growth Hormone releasing hormone (or GHRH) that works by stimulating the Pituitary to begin producing its own Growth Hormone. If you’ve spent much time on our site, you know that we strongly support restoring Hormones to healthy levels in the most natural way possible. A significant benefit of Sermorelin is that it enables the production of Growth Hormone to be regulated at the level of the Pituitary Gland, resulting in episodic “dosing” of Growth Hormone—which is exactly what your body does naturally.
Growth hormone does exactly what the name implies, it promotes the growth and repair of cells. As we age, less Growth Hormone is produced by the Pituitary, and as a consequence, our body ages. While not to be confused with the fountain of youth, restoring Growth Hormone to healthy levels can be very beneficial in regards to the aging process.
PT- 141 is a novel Peptide injection used to treat Low Libido and Erectile Dysfunction in Men and Women. When injected, one can experience optimal increases in arousal, desire, and satisfaction with sexual events. Unlike Viagra or Cialis, PT-141 is not a PDES inhibitor, and it does not target the vascular system. Instead, it acts on the nervous system via activation of neurons in the hypothalamus to increase sexual desire, thus eliciting a more desirous sexual response.
Benefits of Pt- 141:
- Increase in libido levels
- Elevated degrees of sexual gratification
- Enhanced vigor and sexual desire
- Strengthened penile erections
- Skin tanning
To be directed to our Testosterone Replacement Therapy page, click here.
To be directed to our Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy page, click here.
- Are secretagogues used in men and women?
- Yes, both men and women see substantial anti-aging benefits of growth hormone secretagogue therapy.
- Are Secretagogues safe?
- Yes, they have been studied widely and are safe and natural at producing higher levels of HGH in the body.
- Will Peptide Therapy work for everyone?
- Secretagogues will not work for everyone, however, most people do see substantial results. For some people, the pituitary is simply worn out, and no amount of stimulation will cause it to produce more growth hormone.
- How are the secretagogues given?
- They come in both painless subcutaneous injections and oral troche, which dissolve in your mouth.
- How soon can I expect to see results?
- Results start to show up in a few weeks and results can be ongoing for years if therapy is continued.
We BELIEVE that the current healthcare system is broken. We provide a process to achieve better health, with the PURPOSE of helping patients live longer, be healthier, and optimize their performance.
[maxbutton id=”9″ ]