Inflammation can lead to increased risk of all kinds of diseases. Follow these tips to combat a multitude of health issues, present and future.
- Eat organic produce, organic range-fed poultry, meat, dairy and eggs. Eating organic reduces the overall chemical stress on the liver, kidneys, and immune system.
- Eat vegetables of every color of the rainbow. The brighter the color, the higher the antioxidant level of the vegetable. Antioxidants soothe your body’s chemistry.
- Reduce inflammation by balancing your blood sugars. Eat more protein and complex carbs but prevent low blood sugar. Low blood sugar creates stress on the body, which provokes the release of cortisol. This in turn raises blood sugar, releasing insulin into the blood system. Insulin in the blood system provokes inflammation AND causes weight gain.
- Get your fishy factor! Optimize Omega 3 fish oils – Fish oil is an excellent inflammation fighter and tissue lubricant.
- Keep it cool! Use olive oil for light or short frying only (<100 degrees) or just in salads. Olive oil is delicate and damaged by high heat. Using coconut oil in place of butter or margarine is ideal.
- Get your guzzle on! Drink clean, distilled water. Get at least 60-80oz per day.
- Sit and soak. Sunshine’s natural means of depositing Vitamin D into your bloodstream has a number of anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Stress stinks. And it aggravates a nervous system that’s already irritated. So don’t worry, be happy! Like your mother told you, play nice with others! If you have ill feelings towards others, resolve them. Carrying grudges or resentment perpetuates stress and promotes inflammation.
- R&R&E. Rest. Relaxation. Exercise. All three inhibit inflammatory processes.
- Vitamins are vital. Take a daily nutritional supplement or multivitamin.